We just got back from a marathon dr. appt. Jordan's been sick for a week with a high fever. They thought it was a virus but it won't go away so I took him back in to the doctor. They had to take Jordan's blood (from his finger) and he freaked, and threw up everywhere (he does this when he gets upset) and Walker was in the stroller screaming and then Jordan's blood count was elevated so they had to do a chest x-ray and he freaked out before that and threw up again all over himself and me. Well I had extra shorts for him to put on but he wouldn't change - he was just so upset. They gave him a popsicle to calm him down but it just made Walker mad because he wanted some too. And then someone had to walk Walker around in the stroller while I went into x-ray w/ Jordan and luckily he did ok in there (after I promised to buy him a Toy Story movie b/c there was a Buzz Lightyear poster in the xray room). But we did find out that he has pneumonia so then they had to give him a shot of antibiotics (another meltdown of course) and then we had to stay there 30 more minutes to make sure he didn't have a reaction. So I sat him in the car and he fell asleep and then I had to entertain Walker for 30 minutes (keep in mind I had to wake Walker up from his nap to take him there in the first place and the appt was at 11 so none of us had had lunch and by this time it was 12:45). So then I got Jordan up and took him in where the doctor had to push around on his swollen leg to make sure he was ok and not reaction. Then we got to go home. Total time there 2 hours 15 minutes. They are both sleeping right now. I hope I am not a bad mom for feeding my 1 year old Teddy Grahams and Cheerios for "lunch".
Hopefully Jordan will feel all better soon, and it will have been worth it. Your prayers are appreciated! :)
1 comment:
I am so sorry to hear you had such a rough go of it today at the drs. I hope Jordan gets well soon, poor guy.
Post a Comment