Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Vague Abyss

Oh how I adore Kristin Armstrong's blog. She is Lance's ex and she is an avid runner. She has a blog on Runner's World called Mile Markers. Anyway, I stole this from her because it's just so spot on with how I feel when I'm away from my kids. I had about 5 days without them when I was in Florida and it's just such a weird feeling. Here's what Kristin had to say about it:

"I tried to shake off the strange feeling I always have when my kids go. It's an odd combination of loss and liberation, each with such equal potency that they completely cancel each other out, rendering a vague abyss, bordering on numbness. Which is why a run is the perfect cure, because if your arm or leg falls asleep and goes numb, you change positions and move it. Same thing with your heart. You take it out for a spin, make it pump and wheeze, and slowly, feeling returns.

Freedom is a funny thing. You crave it until you get it in a heavy dose and then you miss the things that tied you down."





No comments: