Monday, August 22, 2011

Broken

Are you ever just broken?  I feel broken.  There is so much hurt in this world, so much pain.  Sometimes I can't deal with it.  The Bible says we are sent out as sheep among wolves and sometimes I really feel this.  This world is bitter, cold and dark.  So many times I would rather just stay in the comforts of my church, my people, the people who believe the exact same as me.  We need these people and they need us.  We have to support each other to get through tough times and lift each other up, even point out struggles in each other's lives.  However, if we get stuck here, in the comfort, we aren't stretched and we aren't able to shine our light in the darkness.  The darkness haunts me.  Friends are struggling through things I can't fathom - husbands cheating on them, husbands addicted to things they shouldn't be, divorce.  Oh my heart aches.  Oh, to curl up in my big comfortable church and hide my eyes from all the pain and grief.  No, we are sent out to shine our light!  To help them through!  To point the way!  I will not hide my eyes, I will not run from the dark.  I will be bold.  If I don't take the light to them, who will?  Lord give me the strength to follow your Spirit out of my comfort and into the dark - where you still lead me and where my faith and trust in you grows.

No comments: