Friday, October 21, 2011

Finger Smash!

I got a call yesterday from the school that Jordan had smashed his finger in the bathroom door.  So, I go pick him up and took him to lunch at his choice, Cracker Barrel.  All was well until we got home and it was almost time to pick up Walker.  Jordan started complaining that his finger was hurting and throbbing.  I gave him some children's advil and it didn't seem to help.  At times he was in tears.  So we picked up Walker and went to Urgent Care.  I wasn't sure if they could do anything for the pain, and the Dr. took some x-rays to make sure there was no fracture.  He told me to ice it and give Jordan advil, which we had already done and didn't work.  He gave Jordan the choice to puncture the nail to relieve the pressure.  It would hurt when they did it, but would feel better afterwards.  Jordan chose to do it and he was so brave.  He cried some when they did it as they had to press it to push the accumulated blood out of the nail, but he survived and hasn't complained since.  Not sure if the nail will fall off or what, but for now, he is almost back to normal.  :)

1 comment:

smith said...

Our poor little guy! Glad he is better and was so brave! :)