Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Growing Spiritually
I have a hard time keeping a consistent prayer time / Bible study. Once I get into a groove, it seems something comes along to knock me off course (Satan perhaps?). For example, this week my kids and husband have not been 100% healthy. Thankfully, so far, I have been spared. However, not spared from getting out of bed on 5 different occasions last night to tend to my children. Therefor, the first thing I do is turn off my alarm (usually set for 6 am) and sleep until the first kid wakes up, which was 7 am this morning. Out the window goes Prayer time. Truthfully, since Jordan has been born I haven't grown much spiritually (hello, that's 4 years of stagnant). Probably more over the past 4 months than over the past 4 years. So my goal is to try to glorify God in my daily activities. Since praying for this, my attitude has been much better, and when I do lose it (which happens more than I'd like to admit) I can recognize my sin, ask for forgiveness, apologize to my husband/kids if need be and move on. So even on days I can't start my day with my quiet prayer time and Bible Study, I can say a quick prayer for the Holy Spirit to help me glorify God through my daily tasks. It's really helped me over the past few days. It also helps me find meaning in the things I do every day that aren't that important to anyone but me and my family (washing dishes and clothes and floors, feeding and bathing the kids, being a mom). A window into my mind....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kassie, I lift you up each day in my prayer time. Mom
Post a Comment