Tuesday, December 16, 2008
A Christmas Memory
This probably isn't blog worthy, but the boys are still napping and I am listening to Christian talk radio - my favorite thing. They are playing an excerpt from Handel's Messiah. It brings back a memory. I was about 13 and we lived in NC. My mom and dad got us tickets to Handel's Messiah at Duke Chapel. Not the most exciting thing for a 13 year old, but I had not choice. Not sure what to expect, I sat there through the whole thing and I think it was pretty long. The thing I remember from it? One of the male soloists fell asleep and the other soloist had to wake him up when it was his turn to sing. I couldn't believe it. Also, the orchestra conductor's tux jacket was ripped at the shoulder seem in the back by the end of the performance - a huge whole. Funny the things we remember...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment