There was this little boy in grade school and he was small for his age and meek and he got picked on and bullied a lot at school - the kids were constantly making fun of him. It was almost Valentine's Day and he told his mom he wanted to make Valentines for all the kids in his class. So she bought the supplies and watched as he worked and worked and finally finished his Valentines Cards. The day of their party, when his mom picked him up from school, she was really nervous about the reaction he received from his classmates, hoping he got some nice Valentines so that he wouldn't be disappointed. When she picked him up, he was so excited when he got in the car. He told her "I can't believe it, Mom, I remembered!! I remembered every single kid in my class! Now they all know that Jesus loves them!" He had given every kid in his class a Valentine that says "Jesus Christ Loves You" and had written out the Bible Verse John 3:16.
Ok, I heard this on the radio and started to tear up. I don't know why. Is it because the kid was small like my Jordan? Is it because I possibly was one of those kids that picked on kids like this one? I don't know why, but it touched me. I think the main reason was that this child LOVED. He LOVED unconditionally. His main purpose was to share Christ with his peers, despite the way that they treated him. It's a good lesson for all of us really. Do we share Christ with those that we come in contact with, through our words and actions? Even those that persecute us? Do we Love and forgive and desire that everyone know the love of Christ? Amazing the way that God grabs our attention and can speak to us if we are open to listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment