Sunday, May 23, 2010

On My Mind....

Letting Go.... Letting go has been on my mind in many ways the past few weeks. I'm slowly letting go of the way I view the world. I'm realizing by God's Amazing Grace, I need to let go of my works. It's not about what I can do, how much I can give, how I can help God. He certainly doesn't need my help. I'm embracing my insignificance in light of His glory. I'm embracing His love for me through obedience to His word.

I'm letting go of expectations of people. Often I expect certain things of people, especially people I know are Christ followers, and when those expectations are not met, I am discouraged. I second guess myself and harbor hurt in my heart. I expect them to live up to my standards all the while thanking God He doesn't expect me to live up to His. I am letting go of this. And if I'm hurt for some reason by someone, I will humble myself further. After all, through Christ God forgives me for so much every second, I cannot possibly have higher standards than He.

I'm letting go of my inhibitions. I want to live for God's glory knowing that "to die is gain." It IS GAIN! Through death we meet our Lord, can worship him face to face in all His Glory!! I am not afraid to die to this world! I am saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ... and for His GLORY!! I so want my life to count for something more than me. This is my prayer. That God can somehow use this pitiful life for His Glory. And He CAN!

I'm also letting go of my hair... I had my hair cut Saturday and I now have bangs.... first time since High School! Whoa!

2 comments:

Julie www.aboutourhouse.blogspot.com said...

thanks for the encouraging words Kassie!

hannafamilyinhim said...

Oh, Kassie! I can sooo hear your heart in this blog. I love your honesty and depth of understanding. You have such an amazing heart for the Lord. I am thankful to have had a blink of time with you in Birmingham. I really miss having you around. I've seen Melissa a couple times and we both agreed that we'd have liked you to stay here!! Love & admire you more than you know. You never cease to amaze me with your love for Christ!

Amy