NOTE: I wrote this post December 31, 2010 and never published it. I was going through old posts and thought I really should have published it... so here it is from Dec. 31 2010 - 3 months ago... seems like 3 years ago. :)
I guess if you are reading this, you know I am not one to wax nostalgia at any time - not a weepy, emotional girl hardly ever. And thus, not one to make New Year's Resolutions and the like. Tonight, however, I feel like writing. I think back over 2010, the changes that have come with our move - new house, new church, new school, new weather - lots of different things to get used to. 2010 brought a renewal for me in my running - I actually have been consistent and have not quit when the going gets tough. I have seen improvement and felt the effects of hard workouts. Spiritually, though a roller coaster after leaving a church family we adored, we have fallen into step at our new church and it's growing on us and we are growing through it. Moving forward though, through 2011, I am aiming higher - not using my own skills, but allowing God to use me in different ways - like stepping out in faith when my natural flow may be to shrink back in comfort. I give my 2011 over to God, no matter what it may bring, and ask that He is glorified through me and my family - however that my look. Perhaps its a high year, or a low year, or a tragic year or a year full of triumphs, no matter what it brings, as long as God is glorified and we are focused on Him, all will fall into place. I pray for your 2011 as well, where-ever you find yourself this new year's eve - whether it be glad to leave it behind, or sad to see it go - that you will use it as a stepping stone into the next. That your faith will grow in Christ and that you will allow Him to use you even when it's not easy. Happy New Year to you and yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment