Today I'm thankful! I know I should be every day, and I am, but today I'm consciously noticing all the things I can be thankful for instead of complaining. Walker was so sick over the weekend, and it's so hard seeing your little ones feeling awful and knowing there is not much you can do for them accept rub their back. I'm so thankful he is back to healthy!
I ended up getting his bug and was really sick yesterday, and there is nothing like a stomach bug to make you appreciate your health. I am feeling much better today, and thanking God for my restored health. I'm praying for those with cancer and chronic diseases that are fighting illnesses every day. It's almost overwhelming to think about living with illness day in and day out.
On a day when the forecast is to reach 101, it would be easy to complain about the heat - but I'm choosing to be thankful for our AC. And our cool house! Actually 100+ temps are forecasted for the next 5 days. See....

I'm praying for those that are working in the heat, or don't have an air conditioned home. Praying for those all over the world who have never heard of air conditioning. We really are quite spoiled.
It's really dry here too. That's a complaint - but I'm choosing to be thankful there aren't wildfires in our area today. Thankful that we aren't having to evacuate our homes due to the imminent threat of a fire raging out of control that could burn it to bits. Praying for all of those displaced in Colorado, praying for all of the firemen tirelessly working to keep the blaze in check.

For every complaint, we can find a reason or 10+ to be thankful. What are you thankful for today?
No comments:
Post a Comment