Thursday, May 1, 2008

Funny Jordan Stories - Girls and God

1) Tony tells Jordan Bible Stories when he puts him to bed. Well the other day Jordan said "Momma, I want to play a game. It's called Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego." I laughed to myself and said "Okay" - He continued "Momma, you're Shadrach, Walker is Meshach and I am God." Oh my goodness can this boy make me laugh sometimes.

2) This morning we went to a playground and Jordan met a girl named Marie Claire. She was a tomboy and they were playing swordfights with sticks and were searching for bugs. Her mom was telling me she had to have a Spiderman cake for her 4th birthday. Anyway, after we got home Jordan was talking about her before naps and I was telling him what her mom said and about how she likes boy stuff and that I was mostly like that when I was a little girl. He said, "Momma, when I get bigger can she be my girlfriend?" I said "I guess if you like her" and he said (with the cutest grin on his face) "I do like her, she is my favorite kind of girl."

3) On a more serious note, I was watching the news the other day and they were showing all of the destroyed homes in Virginia from those tornados. Jordan is really into tornados lately so he was asking me about it. He said "Mom, does God make those tornados?" Wow, a loaded question. Just to give a quick answer, I said "Jordan, God makes all the good things in the world. The bad things happen because we live in a fallen world." Surprisingly, that sufficed. How would you have answered this?

2 comments:

john and nikki said...

I LOVE the response he gave about her being his favorite kind of girl...too cute! but, abby and allie will be disappointed they are no longer in the running!

Kfranklin said...

ohh, sweet boy. at least you don't have to worry about him having low self esteem. :)