Saturday, June 28, 2008

6 weeks down...

So, I committed myself to regular exercise 6 weeks ago.  Since then, I have been doing cardio training at least 5 times a week and even throwing strength training in on occasion.  My ultimate goal - to run the Music City 1/2 marathon in April 2009.  I have a long way to go to get there, but when I started I could not run 20 minutes without walking.  I just came in from a 35 minute run- close to 4 miles and hills included - no walking.  I am very proud of this accomplishment!  It's not easy fitting in exercise time with 2 little ones but I am trying to make it a priority in my life (with Tony's help!).  I must be rubbing off on Tony as he has run 3 times this week himself.  Look out for a leaner, more fit Smith family (though I weigh almost the exact same as when I started). 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Kassie:

Good job getting back into the exercise. Do you play soccer at all anymore? I'm still playing. I know how hard exercise is when you have kids. My goodness. I might have to run that 1/2 marathon with you!!!

Sharon

hollypeters said...

Kassie

So funny that you say that about the 1/2 marthon in Nashville. Debbie and I talked about trying to run that one too, but I don't know if i can make it in time...right now I'm just at 2-3 miles a few times a week. Its so hard with Griffin being so young still. But who knows maybe we will see you there!! :-)

john and nikki said...

yo go girl!!!