Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Walker Moment

As Walker gets older and a bit more independent, I find myself relishing the moments that I know I will miss very soon - those moments when he still is a baby that needs his mommy.  For example, last night he decided to wake me up at 3:30.  I went to his room and he wanted to rock.  He never wanted to rock much as an infant, but now he really enjoys it for whatever reason.  I do it while I can but I would rather it not be at 3:30 am.  However, I held him and kissed him and said "I love you, Walker."  To which his normal reply is of course, "I love you, too!"  Last night though, he caught me off guard with his reply of "I love Jordan."  I laughed to myself at the time, but it seemed even funnier this morning when I thought about it.  They really do love each other so much.  I pray they will always be best friends as well as brothers - I also pray he sleeps through the night tonight because I'm feeling it today (He called me to come up to his room again at 4!)

No comments: