So, I decided to try my hand at a real race. There was a 5K very close to our house so I signed up to run. It is a small race, only about 200 people. My goal was to run 8 minute miles. I haven't really pushed my speed work yet, so I knew this would be a challenge. I ended up running 8:10 miles - which was fine as the course was quite hilly (and I could have run faster). The exciting part was... I WON!! I won the first place female!!! I didn't even mean to - I just did. I know I didn't have that fast of a time, but still it's nice to win! I got a very nice plaque and a $75 gift certificate to, as someone told me, the best restaurant in Birmingham and also a Starbucks gift card. Here is a picture of me after my run this morning with my new shirt on. Next Saturday I run another with 10,000 people, so I'm not expecting to place in that one, but I am going to try and break 25 minutes.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
My first 5K (since kids)
So, I decided to try my hand at a real race. There was a 5K very close to our house so I signed up to run. It is a small race, only about 200 people. My goal was to run 8 minute miles. I haven't really pushed my speed work yet, so I knew this would be a challenge. I ended up running 8:10 miles - which was fine as the course was quite hilly (and I could have run faster). The exciting part was... I WON!! I won the first place female!!! I didn't even mean to - I just did. I know I didn't have that fast of a time, but still it's nice to win! I got a very nice plaque and a $75 gift certificate to, as someone told me, the best restaurant in Birmingham and also a Starbucks gift card. Here is a picture of me after my run this morning with my new shirt on. Next Saturday I run another with 10,000 people, so I'm not expecting to place in that one, but I am going to try and break 25 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations!!! I am so proud of you. Love ya. Carletta
WOW! How exciting that you were the fastest chick out there! Good luck with the next one!
So awesome Kassie! Good luck in the next one! You look great in the picture! Miss you! Holly
You are my idol!! Congrats! :)
Post a Comment