This video was shown in our service on Sunday. It's pretty good. Our pastor is challenging us to live as Christ followers - following Jesus's words in Mark 10 when He speaks to the rich young man. Does God bless us so that we can indulge ourselves? He used a quote one Sunday from C.S. Lewis (I believe) - "We are way too easily pleased." God has way more in store for us than we can even imagine if we can just follow Him and allow Him to work in our lives. This means full and complete surrender of all things. Difficult message. I remember this quote from Sunday "Are you living for trinkets on Earth, or treasure in Heaven?" Believe me, we are convicted as much as anyone with these words. He's not talking tithing, he's talking lifestyle. I am praying for the Holy Spirit to permanently change our perspective - To shield us from this culture of "contemporary christianity" where everything is easy and nothing is bold.
No comments:
Post a Comment