Saturday, October 11, 2008

Race For the Cure

I ran the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k this morning.  It was neat to see all of the cancer survivors there with their pink balloons.  And also all of the tags on the backs of people saying who they were running for or in memory of.  It's amazing how many people are affected by this disease.  There were thousands and thousands of people there, and so much going on the whole time.  I really enjoyed it.  I was hoping to run faster than my time last week of 25:20.  I wasn't able to run since last Sunday so I was pretty concerned.  During mile 2 I felt I was running so slow, but when I got done with the race my watch said I ran it in 24:18!  I am so excited!  I also had a timing chip but don't know the official time yet.  I will let you know as soon as I found out! :)  Still not sure about the Nov. 1  10k yet.  It is so hilly... 

UPDATE:  I came in 2nd in my age group with an official time of 24:04!! :) 

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Great job! You're getting faster!

hollypeters said...

ok you're a running machine! ;-) awesome job....Ive really been slacking on the running the past week or so, sick kids you know how it gets...I'm going to get back on track today though :-)